508 Consultant VeriSign/Symantec
- Reviewed 3 supporting web applications and 2 desktop clients for 508 compliancy, HTML code validation, WCAG 2.0 recommendations, usability, standards and semantics
- Developed spread sheet for findings and research, ran all tests and collated findings, supplied specific solutions (actual code to development) and then re-tested fixes for standard, semantic, usable, accessible pages against spread.
- Deliverables were
- Executive Summary of methods, findings and final results after development fixes
- Created a new VPAT variation combining a traditional Section 508 VPAT with WCAG 2.0 recommendations for all 3 applications reviewed. Feel free to download the template and remember to thank VeriSign.
- Best Practices for developers and QA to maintain compliancy in their coding and testing
- WebEx Code Review Presentation (what was fixed and why)
- XHTML, Section 508, WCAG 2.0, CSS, Semantics, Standards, Remote Worker
Tags: 508, Accessibility, Analyst, Best Practices, Documentation, HTML, Standards, Testing, Training, Usability